Sunday, October 14, 2007

Storyboard / rant

So after some days of contemplating plots and whatnot, I finally settled on an idea. When this happened, my computer coincidentally had to be reformatted because of previously mentioned virus. Now it's blank save for MSN and Photoshop, which I, for now, work by mouse. I have yet to install my tablet driver or anything on disc --- because my disc drive is broken. We got a new one to put in tonight, and 'lo and behold, it also has issues. No problem, I drew it on paper instead.

So I spent a good portion of the night foraging the interweb for programs I have on disc but cannot install, which included my scanner/printer/all-in-one HP installation. Two reboots and an hour later, my scanner functions and my printer is vomiting out new alignment pages. I got lucky enough that I had Photoshop as a downloaded EXE.

So besides all that and my blatant inability to draw people and various other whatnots (basically everything else. art block D;), five grueling panels later, I'm exhausted and done as much as I could do.



Basically I tried to plot the affair of a well respected solider in an ancient(-ish) era of China, showed as best I could with the clothing, hair, the soldier has a sword, and decor. The maiden in red is the one he first lays eyes on, and he spends some time with her and leading her on, if you will. One day he finds another maiden, the one in white who plays the pipa (guitar-like thing that dates back to the 8th century or around that time) beautifully. He ditches the maiden in red and goes for the instrumental one, and as they spend their time together, the jealousy in the red maiden manifests. One night, as the maiden in white and solider embrace in candle lit glow, the red maiden pours a poison into the white maiden's green tea and upon drinking it, she dies. The soldier knows immediately who is responsible and takes his blade to the red maiden's throat, but relents to kill her.

Then it switches to present day. It could be interpreted as a dream/day dream, but the original intention of it is to show ancient versus present day, since a lot of philosophy dictates reincarnation, past lifetimes, dragging one's past experiences to modern day life. The soldier is an ordinary guy, and the red maiden is his girlfriend who runs to clutch him by the arm as he turns as if he feels a connection with a girl standing on the sidewalk waiting for her ride. She resembles the ancient white maiden, but he doesn't get a chance to communicate with her as the "red maiden" has him by the arm and is walking away from her.

Web CT is down and sucks. :(

No comments: